Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Social Media: Location Based Programs

This is why I love Social Media class. I had no idea about Foursquare or how to utilize other location based systems. The only one that I knew about was Facebook Places. I researched an article that gives a short breakdown of five of the top location based programs. They are Foursquare (and from what I hear it’s the best), Facebook Places (fun to check in and let the world know where you are), Groupon (which allows you to see business that are close and what deals they are offering), Blippy and Loopst (I still need to find out a little more about the last two). http://www.studio1c.com/seo-and-internet-marketing/419-top-5-location-based-social-media-sites.html

The article at http://socialmediatoday.com/trevorjonas/287597/3-tangible-ways-utilize-foursquare-event-marketing, that gives great advise on how to incorporate Foursquare in to event marketing strategies. Foursquare is something that I am definitely going to have to play around with. As someone that will probably be working in some way with social media for the rest of my life, I feel like I am slightly behind the curve.

I work for a company called CityGro and I’m trying to create a social media plan where I can incorporate all of these new things in to our website. Foursquare might be beneficial as far as utilizing the “check in” tool to allow people to show when and where they use a specific deal. If anyone has any ideas on how I can make that work, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment